Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Alma Mater

As you may have noticed in my first post, I am from the mountains of Eastern Kentucky---the heart of Appalachia. Over the years, this region has taken a whole lot of flak for its poverty and culture.

But there is a bright spot in Appalachia--my alma mater, Alice Lloyd College in Pippa Passes, Kentucky. ALC is a non-denominational four-year liberal arts institution that is built upon Judeo-Christian principles. I graduated from ALC with a BA in History in 2002. Merlene Davis, in her column in the Lexington Herald-Leader, talks about a special scholarship program involving the Mission of Hope, a charity that helps the poor in Appalachia, and Alice Lloyd College. Find out more here.

Pray that this scholarship endowment will help those who want to further their education while improving Appalachia.

No comments:

Post a Comment