Saturday, July 12, 2008

Whitesburg Long John Silver's closed after seven fall ill

From WKYT:

"A fast food restaurant in southeastern Kentucky is closed, after several workers and a customer were rushed to the hospital. Emergency crews were called to the Long John Silvers in Letcher County Friday night. We're told six workers and one customer were taken to the Whitesburg Hospital for treatment. Officials say they suspect carbon monoxide may have caused the people to get sick. All of them are expected to recover. Firefighters are still at the restaurant trying to figure out what caused the incident."


UPDATE at 6:05pm on Saturday: WYMT is reporting tonight that tests are showing that it was NOT carbon monoxide as some have thought. More details as soon as they are available.

UPDATE at 7:22pm ET: WYMT has an in-depth update here.

No comments:

Post a Comment