Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Night Update

Hey folks, thank you for your continued loyalty to this blog. Each one of you is very special to me. Another special group of people I would like to salute is my fellow graduates of the Whitesburg High School Class of 1998. I really enjoyed the Kids Day portion of the reunion, especially the fellowship. Even though I did not attend the dinner portion of the reunion, I understand it was a great time. Thank you, my classmates. Each one of you has a very special place in my heart.

Today, I received a partial schedule of events for the Appalachia Day Homecoming at a place that is also special to me---my alma mater, Alice Lloyd College. It will be held on Saturday October 11. Here it is (all times Eastern):

Beginning at 10am: Appalachian crafts, traditional mountain music

1pm: ALC Alumni Association Meeting and Reception

All day: Alumni athletic activities

5pm: Traditional Soup Bean Supper

7pm: June Buchanan School/ALC Theatre Performance

There will be other events scheduled as well. For more info, call Teresa Grender, the Alumni Director at (606) 368-6044. I hope to attend this year---the last time I attended was in 2003.

Speaking of events, there is also the Mountain Heritage Festival next week in Whitesburg. Of course, the big event I attend (weather permitting) is the parade, which is scheduled for Saturday, September 27. The area's attention this week, though, is on the Black Gold Festival in Hazard. The headliner concert there will be country duo Halfway to Hazard.

As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome. See ya and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment