Thursday, September 11, 2008

1998: A Look Back

I am less than 48 hours (at the time of this post) away from my 10-year high school reunion. Here is a look back at 1998:

Gas prices: $1.03 per gallon (national average)
Top grossing film: Armageddon featuring Bruce Willis
Top TV show: Seinfeld
Top music single: My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Top album: Soundtrack from Titanic
Super Bowl Champion: Denver Broncos
World Series Champion: New York Yankees
NBA Champion: Chicago Bulls
Stanley Cup (NHL) Champion: Detroit Red Wings
Men's College Basketball: Kentucky Wildcats
Kentucky Derby: Real Quiet

A lot has happened in the past ten years--war, school consolidation in Letcher County, advancements in technology--but there is one thing that has never changed: God's love. My prayer is that all of you realize the fact the God NEVER changes and that His love is eternal. God loves you and so do I.

1 comment:

  1. Hey William! I got your email and thought I would take a look at your blog. You have put a lot of work into this page. Hope to see you this weekend at the reunion.


    Lora Maggard-Cook

    ReplyDelete