Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jury Deliberating in Knott County Vote Fraud Trial

The federal vote-fraud case of four Knott County officials--including Judge-Executive Randy Thompson--is in the hands of a jury. WYMT has more here. As of the time of the original post, the jury is still out. I will post the verdict when it is available. There are strong---and I mean STRONG--emotions on both sides of the case. I have my own views, which I will share when the verdict is announced. When you post comments, please be courteous to me, my audience, and others commenting here. Do NOT use foul language.

UPDATE at 10:44pm ET: EKB News is reporting that after three and a half hours, the jury did not reach a verdict tonight. The deliberations will continue tomorrow at 9am at federal court in Pikeville.

UPDATE on Thursday at 6:03pm: ALL four Knott County officials were found guilty of charges. There were two not guilty verdicts. Full post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment