Monday, June 30, 2008

Chris Bailey Going to WSAZ

It is official: WKYT meteorologist Chris Bailey is moving to sister station WSAZ in Huntington, West Virginia. On his very popular blog he commented on the reasons why he chose WSAZ over other stations:

"1. I grew up watching it. 2. It is very close to my wife’s family and just as close to my family as is WKYT. 3. It is a sister station of WKYT so all my vacation and benefits transfer!"

Chris will do the 5 and 5:30 weathercasts on WSAZ and the 10pm weathercast on MyZ, WSAZ's digital sister station (similar to the CWKYT in Lexington). In addition, www.kentuckyweathercenter.com, Chris' future blog about Kentucky weather, will be online soon, but will be a scaled-down version. He will also have a blog at www.wsaz.com soon. The WKYT weather blog will cease operations shortly after Chris leaves the station.

On a personal note: Chris Bailey is the best meteorologist in the region. I have been commenting on his WKYT blog for the past few months...he KNOWS Kentucky weather. He is one of my friends on MySpace and Facebook. I will miss him on WKYT, but I will follow his new blogs since I do not have WSAZ on my cable system's lineup (TVS Cable in Hindman). May God bless Chris and his family as they begin a new chapter in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment